Looking to get in top shape in little time? Jump ropes might seem like a toy off the playground, but this no frills piece of gym equipment is a true exercise staple. Not only can jumping rope be one of your most intense and effective workouts, you can pack it up and take it with you wherever your day brings you! Still not convinced? These 10 reasons will have you grabbing not only a new jump rope for yourself, but sharing the good news with all your friends (just like grade school after all!).
Grab a Jump Rope to Help You Lose Weight Fast
- Ease of use. Chances are you spent some time growing up with a jump rope. Even if you didn’t, you don’t need any classes or instruction to use this fitness marvel. Practice makes perfect, and you can perfect your style all on your own. You don’t need a spotter, or someone to correct your form. This individual exercise can be mastered with a few simple tips to make your exercise more efficient, but most importantly, your own practice and diligence.
- Low cost. If you’re looking for a cardio workout you can do at home, you may have found yourself looking into treadmills, stationary bikes, or ellipticals to find a way to get an efficient workout when the time strikes you. For a FRACTION of the cost, a jump rope can have you breaking a sweat in the comfort of your own home. When the weather is nice, you can easily take your workout outside. Even running can become an expensive hobby once you add in sport specific sneakers, GPS watches, and reflective gear for safety.
- Compact. Imagine you’re going on a business trip and really don’t want to miss a workout, but also trying to pack light. You know what will still fit? Not your elliptical. There’s always one more side pocket when you’re packing that a jump rope can fit into! No more waiting for machines at the gym, getting stuck in your basement or garage on a sunny day stepping away on your treadmill. You can take a jump rope anywhere!
- Detox. Looking to detox? You don’t need a juice cleanse, you may just need to jump rope! Getting your lymphatic system flowing by jumping rope can help you detox toxins. Not only will you reset your body, you’ll reduce bloating and feel immediate changes.
- Fun. Working out is not easy. It takes determination and discipline, something that is hard to keep when the typical cardio workout is to take step-by-step on the treadmill. The ease and availability of a jump rope workout can not only help keep you motivated, but it can be a fun workout and way to relieve stress. Grab one for the whole family and you can make your workout a family affair and start teaching healthy habits at any age!
- Easy warm-up. Do you often feel your best when strength training towards the end of your workout? You may need a more effective warm-up. A quick jump rope session can help you warm up quickly. Exercising without a light dynamic warm-up can lead to injury or muscle tears, taking you several weeks away from your goals.
- Workout variety. Exercise can become monotonous, making it always important to switch up different styles of exercise to keep both your mind and body from reaching a plateau. Don’t get me wrong, I love running, or a low-intensity stairmaster workout, but I also love switching it up and learning something new!
- Interval training. Instead of just jumping rope or weight lifting for an extended amount of time, adding a jump rope exercise into your current workout can increase the intensity as well as your results. Add it to the end of your strength training as a fasted cardio workout to burn more fat, or try adding intervals into the middle of your workouts.
- Fast workout. If you haven’t picked up the jump rope in a while, a good way to get back into it is to start by timing yourself. You can see just how good your endurance is because jumping rope will wear you out fast, and that’s not a bad thing! The truth is jumping rope is an effective cardio workout, and a workout you don’t need to spend 45 minutes completing.
- Full body workout. Jumping rope is a full body exercise. It can help you tone leg muscles, build a strong core, and even engage your shoulders down to your forearms and wrists, and that’s all on top of getting a killer cardio workout!